Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day..... a nice quiet day around here. We did a little yard work, visited with good friends and did a little crafty work.

The studio is coming along. As I was told, "These guys won't win any races, but they are doing a good job." OK, I'm not in a hurry --- YET! This week we should see the sheathing on, roof deck on, windows in and maybe a little siding. By the time it is ready for me to paint, it will be 90 with 90% humidity. Summer in Houston!

So, there is a new bird feeder up for porch entertainment. So far
the squirrels have attempted and failed. Spilled a little seed as they
jumped, had a bit of a swing and fell to the ground. I don't know
if any birds have found it yet.

We moved the strawberry pot to the back.....it looks so attractive
with the chicken wire over it. If I want berries, I have to live
with it! So far the deer have not found it, but never fear......
The waterfall is running, but not completely done and landscaped
yet. We will get there eventually.







Some work going on inside too. I have kept the machine running with a few "Binkies" for charity. In the evenings, while watching the Astros loose, I have been knitting some children's washcloths for a friend. They are cute, but lots of work for the price! Keeps my hands busy and out of the cookie jar!











That's about it for this week. We hope to have big visual changes on the studio for next week's issue. Will stay in touch.......

1 comment:

  1. Keep those photos coming on studio progress! Seems you had a busy productive week--thanks for sharing. Love your washcloths--what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete