Sunday, January 17, 2010

How can it be Sunday already???

This week has flown by. Much progress has been made
on the remodel. We have paint, vanity and medicine
cabinets (minus the mirror), almost all the tiling is done.
The guys have finished up the beams tonight, so now I
can do the final touch-up paint on the ceiling. Floor goes in tomorrow.






I took a couple of days off......after getting a far piece
ahead of them. Lucy and I went to "Road" on Friday.
It has grown since I was last in attendance. It's about
like Houston was in the early '90's. A nice size with many amazing quilts.
One of my favorites was this "snapshot" quilt.
No, I did not win.....my quilter friends will know what I mean! Only
bought some patterns and fabric markers. I was really good!




Then Saturday I was invited to attend PEO Founders Day Luncheon out
here in Orange County. It was a lovely day. And I got to catch up with
some of my sisters in Chapter UO....Susan Pons at right being one.
Always good to see old friends!


Now it sounds like we are in for a really wet week. It started raining
this afternoon and the storms are supposed to train in here all week.
Surely glad that we have only inside work left. It could affect the
drying time on the paint. Don has the closet to finish out and all the
little details that take so much time. We really hope to finish this week!!

I'll let you know where we are next Sunday........Have a good week.









2 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your updates on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is Sunday again...where are you this Sunday? Where ever it is, hope you will be cheering the Vikes to a Victory!

    Sue is not doing well ~ maybe afew weeks! So sad. Also Perl Fuglem passed away during the night on Friday/Saturday.

    The good news ~ Baby Juliana is doing well and changing every day. Brian & Jessie are taking parenting very seriously and loving it.

    ReplyDelete