Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, some time has passed since the last post. We finished the job at Katie and Mike's house, kissed the grandchildren goodbye and headed home. The trip was long and boring, but without incident. We arrived in the dark............good thing. Everything really did freeze dead. Looks more like MN without snow in the dead of winter. No green anywhere!! It will be interesting to see if any of the landscape comes back.




So, Don suffers with a cold the last couple of days in CA and on the way home. I am determined not to catch it......wiping down the steering wheel, key, etc with disinfectant wipes before taking my turn driving......didn't work. Got home, got groceries, and spent three days in bed. Today I feel almost human. Really bums me out that I missed PEO and quilting this week. Seems I have so much catching up to do.




I was going to go out and take some pictures of the desolate landscape, but it is raining and cold and I am in no shape to be out there. Maybe next week. I also need to consult with my blog professional to refresh how to change things up here. Can't remember squat! We will try for a nice Valentine theme for next week......do you hear your phone ringing, Krista???




I am thinking of all the people who have birthdays this month. Happy Birthday to Jarvis, Lucy, Lou, ME, Krista, Julie, Leola, Justin, Craig, and I'm sure I missed a few.




OK. That's it for now. I will try to be more creative next time.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Texas! Hope you'll be feeling better real soon; being under the weather is the 'pits' for sure! See you next week.

    ReplyDelete