Sunday, January 10, 2010

Flying solo






Ok. It's been more than a week and I don't have Krista sitting next to me on the couch telling me what to do, so......let's see what happens.






We made it back to sunny, warm southern CA without incident. Sorry about the cold and snow that many of you are experiencing, but it is really beautiful here. We are retired, so we get to avoid winter, right? The grandkids are back at school, Mike and Katie are hard at work to earn the money we keep spending at Lowe's and Home Depot......there is ALWAYS a list. The remodel is progressing nicely. Don is repairing the outside where windows and doors were removed and others added, Deron starts setting bathroom tile tomorrow and I am in the throws of painting. Why does the paint NEVER look like you think it will. We have made several changes. Did get the bathroom color to the homeowners' liking. It's called "Seal Pup Gray", but looks like a fudgesicle! Now will we see how the bedroom walls come out tomorrow.




Logan and Ivy are doing well. They amaze us with all they already know. Some of the stuff they come up with is so funny. Ivy is coming up with words like "glorious", "ferocious", "perposterious" and using them appropriately. Doesn't have a clue what they mean! Cheryl, notice the knitted hat......I really did it!


Logan is quite the helper. He has his own tool belt, hard hat and various accessories. He has become good at removing nails, painting and general clean up.
We will see how this week goes. I would like to hope that we will be home before the first of February, but one never knows! I plan to go to Road to California, the quilt show, with Lucy Sharp next weekend and also attend PEO Founder's Day Luncheon here in Orange County with my old chapter. I'd better get that painting done!
Stay tuned.....we will see if an update happens next week!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like there is some progress on the remodel. I know you are enjoying the grandkids and warmer weather! we should be out of the deep freeze this wk.
    Congrats on the hat--really cute model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Mom! How long did the pictures take to load? Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the hang of it just fine. Like the hat and paint color.
    Don't stay too long as having the birthday lunch, I believe, on the 9th.

    ReplyDelete